Tom's Weekly Tips, Links and Tidbits Newsletter
Wednesday 19th October 2011
Hope this finds you fit and well.
Basic Computer User |
Advanced Computer User |
How To Recover Lost Desktop Icons
It happens to me often that Windows loses all the icons on my desktop. They normally reappear after a reboot but sometimes not. I found out today that if you right click a blank area of the desktop there is a menu option there [Arrange Desktop Icons\Show desktop icons] What a find!
Back to Top
Failed Buzz to fall off Google+
Google has announced its intention to drop Buzz, the failed social predecessor to Google+. Other products swept out in the latest cleanup round include open source code scouring tool Code Search, social product Jaiku, iGoogle social features and API access to Google search for selected researchers. This year Google has also taken down Google Health, Power Meter, Google Labs and Google Toolbar in Firefox amongst others.
Gee. Would make one wary of throwing any time behind developing for a Google app wouldn't it?
Back to Top
Jaw Dropping Stuff!
Watch past the first minute. It gets worse! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UaW6zYQDQE
What I Want In A Man!
Original List: (age 20 something)
3. Financially successful
4. A caring listener
6. In good shape
7. Dresses with style
8. Appreciates finer things
9. Full of thoughtful surprises
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 32)
1. Nice looking
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
4. Listens more than talks
5. Laughs at my jokes
6. Carries bags of groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home-cooked meal
9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 42)
1. Not too ugly
2. Doesn't drive off until I'm in the car
3. Works steady - splurges on dinner out occasionally
4. Nods head when I'm talking
5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes
6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
7. Wears a shirt that covers his stomach
8. Knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids
9. Remembers to put the toilet seat down
10. Shaves most weekends
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 52)
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
2. Doesn't belch or scratch in public
3. Can tow a Caravan
4. Can cook a BBQ
5. Doesn't re-tell the same joke too many times
6. Appreciates a good TV dinner
7. Helps with the housework
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 62)
1. Doesn't scare small children
2. Remembers where I have put things
3. Can still tow a van without causing chaos on the road
4. Only snores lightly when asleep
5. Remembers why he's laughing
6. Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Doesn't notice my facial hair and wrinkles
9. Remembers where he left his teeth
10. Stops trying to tell jokes
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 72)
2. Doesn't miss the toilet.
3. Remembers where we both live.
Back to Top
Until next time,
dream big dreams,
think well of your fellow man,
eat food that's good for you
and do the important things
that make a difference -
they are rarely the urgent ones!
How To Live The Healthiest Life
Tom Grimshaw creates software, healthy snacks and
is also an optimum wellness researcher/writer who
enjoys bringing you the oldest and newest tips to
improve each of your 12 pillars of Optimal Health.
Check out the special report he has compiled here
How to Live The Healthiest Life
Copyright 2011 by Tom Grimshaw - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Back Issues | Feedback | Subscribe | Unsubscribe
Festival Management Software
Free Business Evaluation Questionnaire
How to Defeat Artificially Accelerated Aging and its Degenerative Diseases